CARE DIRECTED CHOICE PTY LTD
Our company Care Directed Choice Pty Ltd provides the following service.
The process of finding suitable aged care accommodation for you or a family member can be a highly stressful and upsetting time for the entire family, not to mention time consuming and confusing – especially if this decision has to be made quickly.
At Care Directed Choice, our Aged Care Placement Program supports you and your family around decision making when choosing an aged care facility. Working closely with our Case Manager and the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), our personalised service can reduce the stress and complexities in transitioning to an appropriate aged care facility.
Whether you are looking for a hostel, retirement village or nursing home, we can provide professional assistance to help you meet your preferences and needs. Our service currently covers the Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.
About our Aged Care Placement Program:
Care Directed Choice aims to help you and your family from start to finish in the placement process. Our professional staff will assist you and your loved ones in making informed decisions, based on quality information and experience – reducing the stress and confusion involved in this difficult process. We take the time to advocate your needs and requirements, and can help you avoid making costly mistakes.
Our holistic approach to placement is provided under our Basic and Premium Packages.
- Personal meeting with you and your family with our Case Manager, to fully understand your care needs, location preferences, financial situation and general requirements.
- Needs assessment for individuals or couples, including social, cultural and lifestyle factors.
- Recommendation of a shortlist of suitable care facilities that not only match your needs and requirements (be it low or high care) – but which also comply with our Triple AAA standards: we will only recommend the care facilities with the highest standards.
- Emergency placement and/or interim care solutions.
This package includes all the elements of the Basic Package, plus:
- Liaising with care facilities on your behalf to organise appointments and schedule visits to inspect facilities. We can also attend these inspections with you if requested, or provide transport.
- Complete and submit all the necessary application forms and documentation for each facility. We can also help explain the fees, charges and exit costs associated with each facility.
- Finalise placement and negotiate residential care bonds. Our professional staff can negotiate the accommodation bond or extra service fees with the facility, as bond amounts are negotiated on an individual basis.
- A 1 hour consultation with our Financial Services Accountant.
Financial decisions surrounding aged care are complex and differ with each facility. Care Directed Choice can provide professional financial strategies and advice to help you and your loved ones make informed financial decisions.
With over 30 years commercial accounting experience, our CPA qualified accountant can advise on options such as investment choices, asset assessments, reverse mortgages and payment plans. These strategies are designed to maximise any benefits you may be entitled to, and reduce up front and ongoing care costs.
Financial Questions Answered:
- What are the upfront costs?
- How much will I pay for ongoing care?
- How do I maximise social security payments?
- Taxation implications?
- What about my family home?
Professional financial advice given is dependant upon individual circumstances and financial advice is subsequently charged at an hourly rate. Please call our office to make an appointment with our adviser.
The basic fee for our transition service is paid in two parts: a deposit payment after the family consultation and final payment once the placement has been completed.
To find out more about Care Directed Choice:
Find out more about nursing home fees, vacancies and Aged Care Assessment teams