Carers Link provides a number of great volunteering opportunities such as:
• Participating in our Camp Ability program (4-day school holiday camps for youths)
• Participating in our Sociability Club events
• Assisting clients to develop life skills and access their community through social and recreational activities
• Being part of our events and expos
We welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds who can offer different skills and abilities. We recognise that volunteers play an essential role in enabling our clients to engage in meaningful and fulfilling activities, and we value your contribution!
We believe our volunteering opportunities allow you to make a significant contribution to families, give back to your community, gain valuable experiences and enhance your career opportunities!
Vocational Placement & Internships
Carers Link can offer a range of opportunities for those interested in the community sector, including work experience and internships. We particularly welcome interest from those studying towards Health Science, in fields such as Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work and Psychology.
We also welcome professional involvement in areas such as marketing, project development and information technology – so register your interest now!
Volunteering for Carers Link….What You Need to Know
- Volunteers must be 18 or over, and must obtain a National Police Check, Volunteer Blue Card and provide contact details for two referees. If you do not have these, we can assist you in obtaining them
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities is desirable, however your willingness to learn and be part of a team, your motivation, and your personality will all play an essential role in successfully becoming a volunteer
- When volunteering for our Camp Ability and Sociability Club events, you will be providing valuable support to our clients, with assistance and guidance by our support workers. You may be helping with personal care, running activities or assisting in other ways
How do I volunteer?
If you are interested in volunteering at Carers Link, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter outlining in what capacity you’d like to volunteer along with your availability
- A copy of your resume outlining your work experience and education